RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND PUBLICITY RELEASE
READ CAREFULLY—THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
I agree to the following:
1. I understand I am allowing my minor to be participating along with others in a simulated scenario. Once entering the "Event" as a particpant they will be given 60 minutes in which to achieve the goal of “escaping” within 60 minutes or less by locating clues and solving puzzles from a simulated yet possibly stressful scenario. At times, be working in the dark with dim or limited lighting such as flashlights.We do not have strobe lights. I understand and I am fully aware there are possible risks that could occur. They are but are not limited to; possibly some mental stress and anxiety. Possible failure of not getting out within the 60 minutes.
As a GUARDIAN to the MINOR named above, I am signing this waiver and stating said minor is in good physical condition, and that I understand the risks associated with regularly participating in recreational actives and interactive entertainment and I do hereby assume the risks of property loss or damage, serious bodily injury or death. I AGREE TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY SAID MINOR MAY SUSTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION WITH A INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ACTIVITIES ORGANIZED BY LOST AND LOCKED IN.
2. I agree, as the GUARDIAN to this MIINOR, and I indemnify, defend and I agree to release from any legal liability to Lost and Locked In and its owners, employees, representative, agents and successors against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, cost, or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs and expenses, which may in any way arise out of this minor's participation in interactive entertainment activities organized by Lost and Locked In, including injuries caused by the negligence of Lost and Locked In or its employees, representatives, agents, successors and/or assigns.
3. Cellular phones, cameras, audio and video recorder and other electronic devices are no longer allowed and strictly prohibited. No photography, sound or video recording equipment is allowed inside the escape rooms and during the event. The use of any camera, video or sound recording devices and cellular phones or any other wireless electronic device is prohibited. Violation of this policy is grounds for immediate termination of the event and confiscation of any photographs or recording made in violation of these terms and agreement. You will be required to remove and secure your smart phone.
4. Lost and Locked in offers facilities for you to secure your personal belongings and cellular devices while you are participating in the escape room. Event participants are solely responsible for security of their personal belongings brought to the premises. Lost and Locked in is not responsible for any loss, damage to any personal belongings.
5. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Release, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Release or of any other application of such provision, as the case may be.
6. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from my participation in interactive entertainment activities organized by Lost and Locked In shall be resolved under Utah law with exclusive jurisdiction and venue being in the state and federal courts of the State of Utah. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Release, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by a single arbitration appointed by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in the state or federal courts of the State of Utah or a court that has jurisdiction to enter it.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE PHOTO RELEASE
I understand I may have the opportunity to pose for photographs before and or after the event, which I may then access and share on line. I understand all photos taken on the premises are the property of Lost and Locked in. I authorize Lost and Locked In and those acting under its authority to take photos of me and to use, at the sole discretion of Lost and Locked in, it many be used for promotional purposes without any prior notification to event participants and without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet, without notice, review or approval. I further agree that Lost and Locked In owns all photos of me taken at the premises, and I hereby waive any and all interest to said images.The permissions granted hereby shall continue to be in force and effect forever, unless I revoke the permissions by sending a written revocation to Lost and Locked In at 3733 S 250 W #209 Ogden, UT 84404
8. We respect your privacy. I understand that upon check in I may choose to "Opt Out" of the option to have my picture taken. I understand If I choose to "Opt Out" It is and will be my responsibility to notify Lost and Locked in of my choice and It is my responsibility to sign a "Opt Out" form with the agent from Lost and Locked in at the time of my check in.
9. As the responsible Guardian for this Minor I will see to it that said minor agrees to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and to follow any oral instructions or directions given by Lost and Locked In or its employees, representatives or agents.
10. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilites of Lost and Locked in caused by negligent, reckless or unwill conduct of my minor.
11. Consent - By signing this agreement you consent and agree you have discussed with this minor and you both agree to allow this minor to temporarily blindfold themselves in conjunction with the theme of our room OutPost 17.
A MINOR FIFTEEN (15) AND YOUNGER MUST BE CHECKED IN BY their parent or the Assigned Adult of which you, THE LEGAL GUARDIAN HAS named on this waiver.
A MINOR SIXTEEN AND SEVENTEEN WITH PROOF OF AGE and A COMPLETED WAIVER signed by LEGAL GUARDIAN may participate without an assigned adult.
I understand a valid PHOTO ID of the Parent and or Assigned Adult is required at time of check in.
I understand it may be necessary for Lost and Locked in to contact me. I agree to provide true and acurate contact information.
7. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Release and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT THAT OF WHICH I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN SIGN & DATE HERE
Electronic Signature and Acknowledgement
By signing below you are agreeing to all contents of this document and you agree you have read this ENTIRE DOCUMENT and to electronically sign this waiver and treat such signing as if it were a paper document.