RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND PUBLICITY RELEASE
READ CAREFULLY—THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
I agree to the following:
1. I recognize that there are certain significant risks associated with the interactive entertainment activities organized by The Other Tales, LLC (hereafter referred to as “The Other Tales”). These risks include, but are not limited to, serious bodily injuries and/or psychological harm caused by involvement in a stressful environment that may require some physical exertion. I agree to assume full responsibility for any personal injury I may sustain in connection with participation in interactive entertainment activities organized by The Other Tales, and I release and discharge The Other Tales and its owners, employees, representatives, and agents from any liability for any injuries I may sustain, including injuries caused by the negligence of The Other Tales or its employees, representatives, or agents.
2. I agree to indemnify and defend The Other Tales and its owners, employees, representative, and agents against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, cost, or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs and expenses, which may in any way arise out of my participation in interactive entertainment activities organized by The Other Tales, including injuries caused by the negligence of The Other Tales or its employees, representatives, or agents.
3. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of The Other Tales caused by my negligent, reckless, or willful conduct.
4. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and to follow any oral instructions or directions given by The Other Tales or its employees, representatives or agents.
5. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from my participation in interactive entertainment activities organized by The Other Tales shall be resolved under New Jersey law with exclusive jurisdiction and venue being in the state and federal courts of the State of New Jersey.
6. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Release and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Release if I so desire, and that The Other Tales has offered to refund any fees I have paid to use its facilities if I choose not to sign this Release.
7. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Release, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Release or of any other application of such provision, as the case may be.
8. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Release, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by a single arbitration appointed by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in the state or federal courts of the State of New Jersey or a court that has jurisdiction to enter it.
9. I authorize The Other Tales and those acting under its authority to take images and recordings of me and to use my name, photograph, voice and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes, without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet, without notice, review or approval. I further agree that The Other Tales owns all images and recordings it takes of me, and I waive any and all interest in the images and recordings. The permissions granted hereby shall continue to be in force and effect forever, unless I revoke the permissions by sending a written revocation to The Other Tales at 245 Diamond Bridge Ave, Hawthorne, NJ 07506.
I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the foregoing release of liability.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY CHECKING THE BOX BELOW, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
Electronic Signature and Acknowledgement
Enter the date and your full name to acknowledge your electronic signature of this document.
Your Electronic Signature*