Short-Term/Limited-Use Volunteer Waiver & Release of Liability
All Volunteer Positions
Thank you for helping the Old Town North prairie dogs!
This form is required for you to volunteer in the field for this project. It is a legal document. Please read it carefully and entirely to be sure you understand it before signing. Please note that you must be at least 18 years old to volunteer.
By performing this volunteer work, I agree to all of the following terms:
- I am aware that this is a contract between me and Old Town North Relocation Group, L.L.C. (hereafter “OTN Relocation Group”), and that it waives legal rights that I may have now or in the future, and releases OTN Relocation Group and others from claims for damages.
- I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE TASKS INVOLVED. I AGREE TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH MY PARTICIPATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INJURY AND ILLNESS.
- I understand there are risks and dangers associated with working with wild, feral and domesticated animals, including, but not limited to, bites, scratches, zoonotic diseases (diseases transmitted from animals to humans), and allergic reactions. I also understand there may be risks involved with exposure to certain chemical cleaning products while performing my volunteer duties. I fully understand and accept those risks and dangers.
- I fully assume all the risks involved with my volunteer activities, and acknowledge that they are acceptable to me. I agree to use my best judgment in undertaking these activities. I also agree to follow the rules and safety instructions given by OTN Relocation Group’s relocation contractors and any volunteer authorized to act in a supervisory capacity.
- I agree that I will not sue, prosecute, or in any way make a claim against OTN Relocation Group for injury to me or damage to my property resulting from the negligence or other acts, howsoever caused, by any agent, volunteer or contractor of OTN Relocation Group or other people as a result of my volunteer duties.
- I fully and forever release and discharge OTN Relocation Group from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, liabilities, or demands I have or may have in the future, whether known or unknown, for injury, illness, death or damage arising out of or related in any way to my volunteer duties.
- I agree that OTN Relocation Group may use my name, and pictures, photographs, or video and/or sound recordings of me on television, on radio, on the Internet, in emails, and in stories, news articles, advertisements, or other written or digital materials. I agree that such uses may include education, advocacy, and fundraising. I consent to and authorize, in advance, such use and agree that OTN Relocation Group does not have to notify me of such use or provide me with other consideration for such use. I waive any rights of privacy and/or publicity I may have in connection with these uses.
- I agree that the rights I am giving up and agreements I am making apply equally to me and to my heirs, successors, assigns, guardians and legal representatives. I agree that none of those individuals may make any claim or take any action that I could not make or take myself.
- I agree that this Waiver and Release of Liability protects and is for the benefit of OTN Relocation Group, and also for its contractors, volunteers, and all others acting on their behalf. I also agree that I may not make any claim or take any action against any of those affiliates or individuals that I could not make or take against OTN Relocation Group itself.
- I intend to fully and voluntarily waive any rights I have as described in this Waiver and Release of Liability. To the extent that legal consideration is required for this Waiver and Release of Liability to be effective, I agree that I have received good, valuable and sufficient consideration by being permitted by OTN Relocation Group to provide volunteer service and to receive instruction.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER & RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I ACCEPT AND SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
Electronic Signature and Acknowledgement
Enter your full name and date to acknowledge your electronic signature of this document.
Your Electronic Signature*