To be read by all passengers 16 years of age or older before renting a boat
1. That I am 16 years of age or older and that I and my passengers are physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in Boating Activities (canoeing, kayaking, pedal boating and row boating).
2. Not to sublet or loan the boat.
3. That I acknowledge, accept and am aware that there are inherent and significant risks (“Risks”) associated with the participation in Boating Activities. I recognize some of the hazards of Boating Activities are wind, collision with other boats, entering and exiting the boat safely, waves, drowning, hypothermia, damage to personal belongings due to water contact, and changing weather conditions. I recognize that there is, at all times, a risk of capsize.
4. That it is my responsibility to inform my group of these inherent Risks and that it is their responsibility for their safety.
5. That although Deer Lake Boat Rentals has taken steps to reduce the Risks and increase safety of the Boating Activities, it is not possible for Deer Lake Boat Rentals to make the Boating Activities completely safe.
6. That although Deer Lake Boat Rentals periodically monitor boats on the lake, they do not provide constant monitoring and supervision, and depending on wind conditions and location, they may not hear me or my whistle in case of an emergency.
7. That all passengers will wear personal floatation devices at all times.
8. That I am qualified and competent to operate and navigate the boat and will operate them in a careful and prudent manner at all times during the term of this agreement.
9. That I will not purposely enter the wildlife protected zone on the other side of the lake marked by large buoys.
10. To return the boats and equipment in as good condition as when rented, excepting ordinary wear and tear and to pay for any and all loss of or damage to the boats and to pay for any and all expenses incurred in repairing any such damage, replacing any such loss, and if necessary obtaining the return of the boats or other property, as well as any revenues as a result of such damage or loss.
11. That I take full responsibility for my boat and all equipment rented by me and people in my boat (including minors) and that all members in my boat are made aware of this waiver and the risks associated with this activity.
12. To stay more than 6 feet/2 metres away from other boaters.
13. That disposable gloves are available upon request and help reduce the risk of spreading any virus including Covid 19.
14. To follow the directions of Deer Lake staff and permit to be in tow and return to dock, any vessel where boat, or other properties, or passengers are deemed in danger.
For Parents/Guardians of Participant(s) Under the Age of 16 at time of Registration:
This is to certify that I , as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for any participant under 16, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability incidents to my child's/ children's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.