I hereby acknowledge and agree that participation in target practice, games and party area programs within Archery Games Denver LLC (hereinafter referred to as “Archery Games Denver”), an archery dodgeball facility, has inherent risks. In consideration of the services provided by Archery Games Denver, their agents, officers, participants, employees and all persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf I now agree and certify as follows:
1. Archery dodgeball is considered a high-impact sport. I acknowledge and fully understand the inherent risks of the activities that may involve risk of serious injury which might result, not only from my own actions, inactions, or negligence, but from the actions, inactions, or negligence of others or the conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. I acknowledge that the following describes some, but not all of the risks of participation in high-impact sports, including archery dodgeball and nerf wars. I also understand that consumption of alcohol or other substances may significantly increase these risks.
a. Slips, trips, falls while using the facilities or equipment,
b. Bruising of the arms from improperly firing the bow. Abrasion from sliding on the floor;
c. Fatigue, chill and/or dizziness, which may diminish my reaction time and increase the risk of accident;
d. The presence and actions of other participants.;
e. Misuse of equipment or facilities, or failure of equipment;
f. Damage to the eye;
g. Concussion and death.
2. Further, that there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. The risks may include, but are not limited to: the nature of the activity, latent or apparent defects of conditions in equipment or property supplied by Archery Games Denver; acts of other participants in this activity, employees or agents of Archery Games Denver; my own physical condition, acts of omissions; viruses and illnesses including, but not limited to COVID-19, conditions of Archery Games Denver’s facility and surrounding grounds or terrain and accidents connected with their use; first aid emergency treatment or other services. Use of Nerf brand equipment is recommended by Hasbro (the manufacturer) for ages 14+, and use below this age may increase risk of injury.
3. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all the risks existing in this activity. My participating in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect, in spite of the risks, to participate. I assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury.
4. On behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, I hereby voluntarily release, waive, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Archery Games Denver and each of their respective directors, agents, and other employees, its parents, affiliates, employees, distributors and agents, other participants, and if applicable, operators or lessors of premises used to conduct the event/activity, from any and all liability for any and all claims, demands of causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Archery Games Denver’s equipment or facilities.
5. I hereby certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in these activities or alternatively I agree to bear the cost of such injury or damage myself.
6. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions, which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risk that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition. I am free from any injury, medical condition (including pregnancy, heart condition or seizures), disability, disease or illness which may be aggravated by participation in the activities of Archery Games Denver
7. I agree I will wear a face/eye mask at all times while in the arena. I will be provided with an optional arm guard, which is recommended to be worn at all times when using a bow. Use of an athletic cup is recommended for men, although is not provided.
8. I hereby give Archery Games Denver permission to administer basic first aid, and I authorize Archery Games Denver (or its agents or employees) to contact 911 or other emergency personnel as needed.
10. I do hereby give Archery Games Denver, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable right to use photographs or video in all forms and media and in all manners, including composite, for advertising or marketing for publication or any other lawful purposes, and I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy, internet, etc., which may be created in connection therewith.
I hereby certify that I am at least 18 years old, or the parent or legal guardian of the participant under 18. By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt, or property is damaged during participation in this activity, a court of law may find me to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Archery Games Denver and each of the parties listed in Paragraph 4 above on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT TIME TO READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD IT, AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.