In consideration of the services of Albany Co-Ed Soccer League LLC its agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on its behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "ACSL”). I hereby agree to release and discharge ACSL on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that both my soccer and non-soccer related activities and use of any of ACSL’s services, fields, stadiums or facilities at their primary location, all other ACSL locations, or any off-site locations, entails significant risks, both known and unknown, which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. Such risks include, among others, equipment failure, falling, tripping, sprains, physical injuries as well as the negligence of other participants, third parties, and ACSL.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in these activities, both known and unknown, whether caused or alleged to be caused by the ordinary (but not gross) negligent acts or omissions of ACSL. My participation in these activities is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in these activities in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless ACSL from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in these activities or my use of ACSL equipment, practice fields or facilities, including any such claims which I, my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate have or may have that allege ordinary negligent acts or omissions of ACSL. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS RELEASE INCLUDES ALL CLAIMS AGAINST ACSL ARISING FROM ITS ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE, BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE CLAIMS ARISING FROM ACSL’s ALLEGED GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
4. Should ACSL or anyone acting on its behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in the activities, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety while participating in these activities, or else I am willing to assume, and bear the costs of, all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
6. I agree that the validity and enforceability of this Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk will be governed by the substantive law of California, without regard to its conflict of law rules.
7. I agree to abide by the rules of ACSL, field or facility.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in these activities, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my rights to maintain a lawsuit against ACSL for any claim that I released by signing this document. I HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD IT, AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
PARENT'S & GUARDIAN'S ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION
(Must be completed for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of the aforementioned "Minor" participant being permitted by ACSL to participate in its soccer programs and activities and to use its equipment, fields and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless ACSL from any and all Claims which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by Minor.
Electronic Signature and Acknowledgement
Enter the date and your full name to acknowledge your electronic signature of this document.
Your Electronic Signature*